$1,000 Scholarship for Adverting Students
2016 AAF-Ad Club St. Louis Scholarship About AAF-Ad Club St. Louis
The AAF-Ad Club St. Louis was established in 1901…making this the oldest advertising club in the United States.
The Vision of the AAF-Ad Club St. Louis: Through all of our efforts, we will enhance the allure of St. Louis advertising as a product and a profession.
The Mission of the AAF-Ad Club St. Louis is to: raise the awareness of St. Louis advertising, educate and inspire, foster a community, and celebrate our profession.
Benefits of the AAF-Ad Club St. Louis membership includes our member rates at Ad Club functions…including networking events, Creative and Digital Symposiums and Ad Club traditions like the ADDYs, Beyond the ADDYs, holiday party, golf tournament, and membership in the American Advertising Federation (AAF). Other great benefits include leadership and career advancement, exposure to renowned speakers, and a network dedicated to young advertising professionals called AD2.
AAF-Ad Club St. Louis Scholarship
The AAF-Ad Club St. Louis will award three (3) scholarships in the amount of $1,000 for the Spring 2017 academic year. A “Special Thanks” to Lamplighters and the Terry Baer Scholarship Fund for supporting advertising education.
The scholarship recipients will be honored on December 1, 2016 6:00pm at Ad Club St. Louis Annual reunion and scholarship fundraiser hosted at Kingside Diner located at 4651 Maryland Avenue St. Louis, MO 63108, Central West End.
With the attached application, you are applying for scholarship consideration.
Any applicant that does not submit ALL application requirements will be disqualified for scholarship consideration.
Eligible scholarship applicants must be studying and pursuing an advertising or a marketing degree. In addition,
- Be enrolled in an accredited institution of higher learning,
- Academic standing of junior or senior OR community college student transferring
- To a 4-year institution
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 (please attach a copy of your most recent report card or transcript),
- Currently enrolled for a minimum of 12 credit hours,
- Signed recommendation letter by a faculty member,
- Present a completed application to the Ad Club,
- Submit an original typed essay (no more than 3 pages) on one of the topics identified
- Identified. Please indicate which topic was chosen.
- Why I have selected advertising or marketing as my major and my career;
- How advertising affects the purchasing behaviors of those between the ages of 18 – 22;
- Does advertising influence our lives and perhaps set the agenda;
- What is your favorite ad or advertising campaign and why?
Completed Application and Deadline
Completed application, including the application form, report card and/or transcript, letter of recommendation, and essay should be mailed to:
AAF-Ad Club Saint Louis, PO Box 775402, St. Louis, MO 63177
All applications must be post marked by November 7, 2016.
The Scholarship Committee
All decisions are final and solely the responsibility of the Scholarship Committee. The Scholarship Committee is comprised of two corporate advertising/marketing professionals, two agency advertising/marketing professionals, and a scholarship chair. Members of the Scholarship Committee and their families are not eligible to apply. All entries become the property of AAF-Ad Club St. Louis. AAF-Ad Club St. Louis reserves the right to use the student(s) picture for promotional purposes.
Scholarship Information and Application Available On-Line
Visit the AAF-Ad Club Saint Louis’ website at adclubstl.org for scholarship information and application. Further questions can be addressed by contacting Dr. Kristy Tucciarone, College Scholarship Chair, at 636.627.4888 email@example.com.