APPLY FOR COLLEGE SCHOLARSHIP – DEADLINE OCTOBER 27
The AAF-Ad Club St. Louis will award two (2) scholarships in the amount of $1,000 for the Spring 2018 academic year. These scholarships are made possible by The Bridge and the Terry Baer Scholarship Fund and their work to support advertising education.
DEADLINE OCTOBER 20
The scholarship recipients will be honored on November 30, 2017, 6 p.m. at the Ad Club St. Louis Scholarship Social hosted at Kingside Diner located at 4651 Maryland Avenue St. Louis, MO 63108, Central West End.
With the submitted application, you are applying for scholarship consideration.
Any applicant that does not submit ALL application requirements will be disqualified for scholarship consideration.
Eligible scholarship applicants must be studying and pursuing an advertising or a marketing degree. In addition,
– Submit an original typed essay (no more than 3 pages) on one of the topics identified below. Please indicate which topic was chosen,
– Be enrolled in an accredited institution of higher learning,
– Academic standing of junior or senior OR community college student transferring to a 4-year institution,
– Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 (please attach a copy of your most recent report card or transcript),
– Currently enrolled for a minimum of 12 credit hours,
– Signed recommendation letter by a faculty member,
– Present a completed application to the Ad Club,
– Copywriting and/or Art Direction students are encouraged to submit 5 pieces of work (hard copies will not be returned).
1. Why I have selected advertising or marketing as my major and my career;
2. How advertising effects the purchasing behaviors of those between the ages of 18 – 22;
3. Does advertising influence our lives and reshape how we think;
4. What is your favorite ad or advertising campaign and why.
Completed Application and Deadline
Completed application, including the application form, report card and/or transcript, letter of recommendation, and essay can be submitted 3 ways to Ad Club St. Louis:
1. Mail: Ad Club St. Louis, TechArista CWE, Attn: Scholarship Committee, 4818 Washington Ave., Ste. 205, St. Louis, MO 63108.
2. Email: email@example.com, send one attachment as pdf.
3. Hand Delivery: accepted between 9:30am – 5:00pm. Deliveries are accepted on October 20 before 5:00pm.
All applications must be received no later October 27, 2017.
No late applications will be accepted.
The Scholarship Committee
All decisions are final and solely the responsibility of the Scholarship Committee. The Scholarship Committee is comprised of two corporate advertising/marketing professionals, two agency advertising/marketing professionals, and a scholarship chair. Members of the Scholarship Committee and their families are not eligible to apply. All entries become the property of AAF-Ad Club St. Louis. AAF-Ad Club St. Louis reserves the right to use the student(s) picture for promotional purposes.
Scholarship Information and Application Available On-Line
Visit the AAF-Ad Club Saint Louis’ web site at adclubstl.org under “events” for scholarship information and application. Further questions can be addressed by contacting Dr. Kristy Tucciarone, College Scholarship Chair, at 636.627.4888 firstname.lastname@example.org.
About AAF-Ad Club St. Louis
The AAF-Ad Club St. Louis, established in 1901 is the first advertising club in the United States.
The Vision of the AAF-Ad Club St. Louis: Through all of our efforts, we will enhance the allure of St. Louis advertising as a product and a profession.
The Mission of the AAF-Ad Club St. Louis: raise the awareness of St. Louis advertising, educate and inspire, foster a community, and celebrate our profession.
Benefits of the AAF-Ad Club St. Louis membership includes our member rates at Ad Club functions…including networking events, Creative and Digital Symposiums and Ad Club traditions like the ADDYs, Beyond the ADDYs, holiday party, golf tournament, and membership in the American Advertising Federation (AAF). Other great benefits include leadership and career advancement, exposure to renowned speakers, and a network dedicated to young advertising professionals called AD2.
Date and Time
Fri, October 27, 2017
12:00 AM - 11:59 PM