TV Development Intern
We are looking for interns with a wide range of interests and skills in creative research, video editing and organization. But above all, we need hard workers with a desire to further their career in the TV production world!
The Coolfire TV Development internship program seeks to educate students on best practices in the unscripted television field. The students will gain hands-on experience by working with Coolfire’s Development Team as they produce sizzle tapes and treatments to be sold to television networks like Discovery+, HGTV, History Channel and Netflix. The selected interns will each play a role in the initial research, brainstorming, production and editing of sizzle tapes and written treatments. You will see how a TV series goes from initial idea to final export.
We think you’ll love this internship because no two days will be the same. One day you might be researching a new hot air balloon law in Texas, the next you’ll be assisting with the casting process, and the next you’ll be a PA on a professional production set. If you don’t have experience in all of these areas, that’s fine! A big part of the experience of this internship is learning, which is why we need interns who want to learn new things and gain new skills. We partner our interns with employees for direct mentorship to work on real projects. This is a highly engaging and rewarding internship that will provide you with a truly unique experience. Serious candidates only.
– Assisting in show development
– Brainstorm series ideas
– Participate in Development Team meetings
– Research for potential character leads
– Edit casting tapes
– Develop show titles
– Write treatments
– Assist on set as needed
– Film, video, journalism or media communications major with interest in production
– Editing experience highly preferred (Adobe Premiere CC) -note: we prefer editing experience because it will give the intern more opportunities for work on real projects
– Working knowledge of other Adobe Programs a HUGE PLUS (Adobe Photoshop CC, Adobe Illustrator CC, Adobe After Effects CC)
– Strong research skills, copywriting and research skills
– Motivated, eager and self-sufficient
– Avid consumer of Non-Scripted Television
– An interest in the camera, lighting systems, setups and the gear that makes it happen
– Strong work ethic and curiosity
– Access to a car w/ valid drivers license
Coolfire is a full-service entertainment production company headquartered in St. Louis. Since 2002, we’ve been trusted by some of the biggest brands, agencies and television networks to create content that is persuasive, imaginative and unforgettable. We produce studio and on-location productions large and small, from L.A. sound stages to remote locations worldwide. We are nimble, precise and unequivocally forward thinking while we ride the ever-changing wave of digital media.
How To Apply
Fine Print (dang lawyers)
*Please note that you must be currently enrolled at an accredited college or university, and eligible to receive academic credit from your college or university from this internship program. These are part time, unpaid internships during Spring 2022. Specific start/stop dates are TBD, based on your schedule.