Business Development Intern
Welcome to The Real World Experience – Business Development
The number-one thing any intern wants from their internship? Real-world experience. And what’s more real than…reality TV? (Well, a lot of things, as it turns out. But stay with us here.) Say what you will about it, but when it comes to the stakes? The intrigue? The personalities?
The pure, unfiltered humanity (insanity) of reality TV? Nothing else comes close.
You’ll work on real projects with real industry pros, as well as bump elbows with some of your peer group’s biggest future power-players. You’ll walk away from the experience with new clips for your book, new insights and inspiration to guide your future journey, and maybe even a signature catchphrase or two.
Apply now. Because this is the true story of 6-12 interns picked to spend a summer at St. Louis’s most unscripted ad agency. This is what happens when people stop being students and start getting…real-world experience.
All internships will run for 9 weeks, starting June 6th, 2022 and ending August 5th, 2022. Interns cannot work more than 30 hours per week, and interns can expect to make $13/hour. In addition to working within your team and receiving direct supervision from your assigned mentor, you will interact with all aspects of the agency, and meet every two weeks with the rest of the intern cohort.
The Growth team intern will be integrated into a dynamic group that shepherds new business opportunities through the agency. The team is responsible for driving the agency’s growth strategy, developing and managing selling assets such as product/service research, prospect research, agency collateral, agency capability documents, agency proposals, and case studies. This is a new business role. Everything this role does is to help Paradowski achieve our goal of growing our agency revenues within new clients, existing clients and partners.
As an intern on the Growth team, you will:
• Learn the basics of business development and high-level marketing strategies for an advertising agency.
• Conduct background research, media analysis and social media assessments of potential clients
• Regularly update and review the Business Development pipeline and the firms proposal resources and areas
• Support Growth team members in driving and managing the business development process with proposal and presentation materials
• New business list building
• Coordinate proposal reviews and finalization
• Assist with a variety of Growth- and team-related assignments and tasks as necessary
• Self-motivation, good organizational skills, detail-orientation, creative thinker, ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
• Exceptional oral communications and presentation skills.
• Very strong writing abilities: able to write clear and persuasive content.
• Ability to work with a team to meet group objectives.
• Ability to communicate in a professional manner with both prospective clients and agency leadership.
• Demonstrate a genuine interest in upstart industries (e.g. Cannabis) and technologies (e.g. AR and VR).
• Have a passion for what Paradowski can offer a brand.
• Excellent computer skills including Google Suite of products, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
Can be In-person, Hybrid, Remote…doesn’t matter we’re looking for the right person!
Are you “here to make friends”?
A reality show is nothing without its highly engaging, highly meme-able cast of powerful personalities. Consider this your audition tape: show us your personality in the media of your choosing. Share your resume, but also maybe submit a quick video, a voice memo, a self-made meme, a TikTok dance, or—yes, even—a short written response to some (or all, or none) of the following questions to give us a sense of who you are. Seriously. Who are you?
(As for your work? We’d like a PDF, portfolio, or link to your website, please.)
What would your signature reality TV catchphrase be?
Are you “here to make friends”? Why or why not?
Who would be your amazing race partner?
If you had to lip-sync for your life, what song would you choose?
Paradowski Creative is a full-service creative agency based in St. Louis, Missouri with offices in North America and Europe. If you dropped by the agency right now, you’d find roughly 100 writers, designers, strategists, producers, account service managers and developers working on all kinds of amazing stuff. We build brands, campaigns and digital experiences for some of the largest companies on the planet, as well as some of the smallest, not-for-profit organizations. Basically, we do work we believe in for clients we believe in. You can learn more about us at Paradowski.com.