Associate Creative Director - Copywriter
Cannonball is seeking a an Associate Creative Director (Copywriter) to help lead our creative team, overseeing best-in-class work for globally recognized brands and exciting local start-ups alike.
This position is designed for a writer who is experienced across a variety of channels – broadcast, print, digital, social and editorial content. Sometimes that means developing a 12-month social content calendar, other times it means helping oversee an Olympics-sized broadcast TV spot.
Cannonball expects our ACDs to contribute cutting edge creative ideas. But we also expect you to have some account person inside, with the ability to manage timelines and keep multiple projects on schedule (and on budget) at once.
In return, Cannonball offers to opportunity to utilize and hone your talents at an independently-owned, creatively-driven shop, led and supported by people who share your love for a great idea and enthusiasm for creating.
We work on a variety of clients, from local and regional brands to Fortune 500 companies with national and global footprints.
We are currently operating a hybrid work schedule, with the option to work remotely 2 days a week.
Our culture is relaxed and open, we try not to take ourselves too seriously, and while a late night here or there isn’t out of the question, we believe our work gets better when it’s one thing in our lives—not the only thing.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
• Manage creative concepts that can come to life across a variety of media
• Oversee jr. copywriters and help develop their skills
• Contribute day-to-day copy for agency clients
• Partner with other creatives to deliver one-off projects and 360 campaigns
• Develop social media content calendar content – and ensure production of that content comes in on time and on budget
• Present ideas internally and to clients
Candidates should possess the following minimum qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Marketing, Advertising, Communications or English
• Portfolio of relevant work to review with the hiring team
• 8+ years of relevant agency experience or commensurate job experience in a similar position
• Proficient with current computer skills (including Word and Outlook).
• Preferred candidate will have 6+ years of relevant agency experience or commensurate job experience in a similar position
• Ideal candidate is highly organized and has the ability to work on several projects at one time
• The ability to demonstrate solid oral and written communication skills, including the ability to present information to coworkers or clients in a clear and concise manner via email, brief, presentation, on the phone or in person
Cannonball is an award-winning, independently owned ad agency headquartered in St. Louis, MO. Learn more about our agency at Cannonballagency.com.
Cannonball offers a competitive suite of benefits for our full-time employees, which currently includes health, dental, vision, disability, life, flex spending accounts and a 401(k) with matching fund.
How To Apply
Fine Print (dang lawyers)
The above statement is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Cannonball provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Per Cannonball Advertising & Promotion’s hiring policy, all employees (full & part time) must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless a medical or religious exemption is approved. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen on their first day of employment. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide verifiable proof of their COVID-19 vaccination record.
All offers of employment will be contingent upon a satisfactory background check and proof that the candidate is fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (or qualifies for a vacination exemption).