Cannonball is looking for an art director with 2+ years of experience, a love for design, big ideas, and the skills to bring those ideas to life for our clients in a variety of marketing channels and media.
This position is designed for a detail-oriented, self-starter who is eager to develop their design skills across print, video, digital, social, promotion and packaging. Your role will be to assist senior level creative leaders on day-to-day projects, while also developing original visual looks and creative ideas.
You will use your design skills and knowledge to create best-in-class visual design, develop creative standards, be a brand guardian and work with a team to successfully achieve client objectives. The ideal candidate has helping take campaigns from start to finish, generating ideas from a creative brief and maintaining idea integrity through execution. Basic video editing knowledge is a plus, but not required.
In return, Cannonball offers to opportunity to utilize and hone your talents at an independently-owned, creatively-driven shop, led and supported by people who share your love for a great idea and enthusiasm for creating.
We work on a variety of clients, from local and regional brands to Fortune 500 companies with national and global footprints.
We are currently operating a hybrid work schedule, with the option to work remotely 2 days a week.
Our culture is relaxed and open, we try not to take ourselves too seriously, and while a late night here or there isn’t out of the question, we believe our work gets better when it’s one thing in our lives—not the only thing.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
• Design day-to-day creative for agency clients across a variety of media
• Support senior design team and creative directors
• Contribute campaign ideas
• Develop social media content calendar content
• Lead brand competitive reviews and new industry trends/opportunities
• Present ideas internally to agency team
Ideal Candidates Should Possess The Following
• BFA in design, advertising or visual arts
• 2+ years as an Art Director, Graphic Designer or relevant job experience
• Experience with bringing ideas to life through photo and video shoots
• Extensive experience with the Adobe Creative Suite and familiarity working in a Mac environment
• A portfolio of work to share which includes a mix of projects and brands
• Fluency in social media, content development, display, video and brand advertising
• Solid communication skills including the ability to present information to coworkers and clients in a clear and concise manner
• Experience in Adobe After Effects and Premier
Cannonball is an award-winning, independently owned ad agency headquartered in St. Louis, MO. Learn more about our agency at Cannonballagency.com.
Cannonball offers a competitive suite of benefits for our full-time employees, which currently includes health, dental, vision, disability, life, flex spending accounts and a 401(k) with matching fund.
How To Apply
Fine Print (dang lawyers)
The above statement is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Cannonball provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Per Cannonball Advertising & Promotion’s hiring policy, all employees (full & part time) must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless a medical or religious exemption is approved. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen on their first day of employment. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide verifiable proof of their COVID-19 vaccination record.
All offers of employment will be contingent upon a satisfactory background check and proof that the candidate is fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (or qualifies for a vacination exemption).