AAF STL Executive Director
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR (PART TIME)
AAF St. Louis
The Executive Director leads, manages and/or supports activities designated by the President and Executive Board; acts as liaison with the local, regional and national advertising community; oversees, coordinates and implements a variety of programs and duties to enable the club to function and grow successfully, and attends all board meetings. The primary areas of impact include the following:
• Lead AAF STL promotion and membership drive efforts to increase impact and growth
o Lead the semi-annual outreach to current members to renew/upgrade memberships
o Lead the promotion of the organization with a focus on recruiting new individual, agency and corporate members (includes bonus incentive) with support from Membership Chair
• Lead the collection of member dues with support from Membership Chair and Treasurer
• Manage membership status and membership communication including email campaigns with the support of Membership and Communications Chair
o Manage club and member records, e.g. current membership, past membership, etc.
• Lead membership communications and correspondence with AAF 9th District, National AAF, vendors, suppliers, media, educational institutions, etc.
• Attend all event kick-off planning meetings
• Support the planning, coordination and promotion of special programs and events
• Support Event Chair in management of event elements, volunteers, budgeting, ticket sales, expenses, etc.
• Create ticketing and event pages to promote, track and monetize events
o Monitor member status and promote membership to non-members
o Lead the collection and reporting of sponsorship and ticketing money
• Lead overall club communications with support from the President, Communication Chair and relevant chairs
Post jobs, industry news and event photos to our adclubstl.org website and social channels (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram) with support from social agency
Manage comprehensive and timely communications to leaders, board, members, industry, sponsors, etc. with support from the board and chair(s)
Make content updates to the website as needed
• Lead the daily, weekly, monthly and ongoing administrative functions of the Club including member database, mailings, phones, member applications, internal/board communications
• Lead the administration of monthly meetings for Executive Board, Leadership Board and Ad2 Board
o Lead the maintenance of electronic and paper records of all correspondence, e.g. letters from the President and Board
o Manage board meeting agendas’ and minutes’, and attendance
• Lead communication and reporting of news and membership details to the board
• Lead and manage AAF STL’s business online QuickBooks for all invoicing and billings needs
o Lead, prepare, manage and send invoices/receipts for membership dues
o Lead, prepare, manage and send invoices/receipts for sponsorship collections with support from event/sponsorship chair(s)
o Collection vender W9s and signed contracts
o Lead, prepare, manage and send bills to venders when due
• Business Finances
o Support treasurer to ensure budget adherence, check dispersion, reconciliation, etc.
o Support treasurer with the management of company finances, billing expenses, etc.
o Manage, prepare, and communicate budget sheet for all programs and events at kick-off planning meeting
o Collect money at events
o Communicate all event expenses with treasurer
o Vendor management and invoicing
Experience and Skill Requirements
• 1-3 years experience in an administrative role
• Excellent oral/written communications and organizational skills
• Experience with financial recordkeeping
• Proactive thinker with an attention to detail, exceptional people skills and business savvy
• Excellent time management and problem-solving abilities, leadership qualities and a team-oriented mindset
• $22/hr, up to 10 hours per week
About AAF STL
AAF STL, an affiliate of the American Advertising Federation, is a diverse community of creators who are changing behavior, perception and culture through a wide range of creative professions. Our mission is to elevate the business of creativity through a symbiotic relationship between agencies, creators and cultural influencers in order to ensure diverse voices and perspectives are embedded into the work we put out in the world.